Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quotes and Phrases of Interest from the Introduction

1. "unbound content" (p. X): I like the way Mathieson takes the idea of "content" from only the receiver standpoint, and even beyond simple interactivity, but making it your own. This takes us beyond Rayport and Sviokla's 1994 HBR article, "Managing in the Marketspace," where they show how content can be separated from its context and infrastructure.
2. "original form of microblogging--text messaging" (p. xiii): Never thought of texting as microblogging. Not sure I do now. Will need to think some more about it.
3. "texting is the lingua franca of teen lifestyles" (p. xiii): Definitely agree.
4. "instant social gratification" (p. xiv): I never saw social as a modifier for gratification before, but I think it makes sense.
5. "Building brands in the digital age comes down to a single word, and that word is 'experience'." (p. xv, quoting John Butler--not of the trio, I assume): I have to think about this one, but I bet Butler's clients agree, but they probably thought it sounded so good that they didn't need to think about it. That's the beauty of clients.
6. "They lack the tools--the philosophical framework--to create the kind of experiences consumers want and demand in the digital era." (p. xvi): Whoever "they" are, I agree. At least that is what every business owner that I talk with says. So "they" must at least include those guys.
7. The On-Demand Lexicon (pp. xx-xxii): Getting tired of roman numerals. Props for putting the glossary up front.
8. This doesn't have anything to do with my blog post, but my daughter would like some feedback on this dress. She is 15 and also agrees about the texting point above (#3).

No comments:

Post a Comment